Buy handmade olive wood honey sppon now
With our honey spoon made of olive wood you are not only buying a beautiful, but also a long-lasting and sustainable product. The honey spoon is made by hand by a Greek family company.
The olive tree is not only considered a sacred tree in Greece, with which people have a special relationship. It is mainly native to the Mediterranean, where it was cultivated for agricultural purposes thousands of years ago.
The special thing about the wood of the olive tree is its natural antibacterial effect. Due to its high density and hardness, it acts naturally against bacteria and the structure of the olive wood also prevents germs from penetrating. In addition, olive wood hardly absorbs surrounding odors, so that the wood is used in different variations for handling food and in the kitchen.
Each wooden spoon is unique:
Our honey spoons are handcrafted from a whole piece of olive wood. Each honey spoon has its own wood structure and appearance with beautiful grain and color. Therefore, your honey spoon will differ in detail from the honey spoon in our pictures.
Olive wood honey spoons are particularly sustainable:
Our honey spoons are made exclusively from the hard wood of the olive trees when they no longer bear fruit. In addition, the trees are replaced, i.e. 10 trees are replanted for each olive tree.
In addition, we donate 10 cents for each honey spoon sold for bee-friendly and environmental protection projects. We use it to create bee pastures or also plant native trees, which also serve as a source of food for bees. Your purchase will automatically support these projects.
For which honeys is the honey spoon suitable?:
Our honey spoon is perfect for liquid honeys, i.e. for types like
Black Forest silver fir honey
Creamy honeys such as sunflower honey or lavender honey are rather unsuitable - the knife is still the best here. A liquid honey flows easily from the honey spoon through the groove structure, while creamy honey hardly drips and would therefore stick to the honey spoon
Easy to care for & durable:
Our honey spoon is very easy to clean: Simply rinse with lukewarm water (the honey will then dissolve automatically) and remove any remaining honey from the grooves of the honey spoon with a small brush or a sponge cloth. Without any soap or detergents. Please never clean in the dishwasher or soak in a water bath for a long time. Incorrect care causes the wood to swell, lose its color and become cracked and porous, i.e. it loses its positive properties. You will find all the care instructions again below.
• All honey spoons are handmade and ideal for use with foods such as honey as they are a healthier option compared to others than products made from other types of wood or plastic.
• Olive wood is a very dense and durable wood and has a natural, antibacterial effect.
• Each handmade honey spoon made of olive wood is unique and therefore there may be small deviations in color, weight or dimensions.
• Our honey spoons are made from whole pieces of wood that are never glued or connected in any way.
• Olive wood is very resistant, practical and, above all, does not absorb odors or substances.
• No wood varnish or other chemicals are used in our honey spoons.
• Our honey spoons are produced sustainably. They are made from trees that are no longer bearing fruit and young trees are planted to replace them.
Cleaning and maintenance instructions:
• Wash the honey spoon by hand with warm water and a sponge (please do not clean in the dishwasher!) Or, ideally, simply under warm water. The honey will then dissolve by itself.
• Wipe the spoon with a kitchen towel and let it dry.
• Occasionally or after washing, apply vegetable oil to the honey spoon (with cotton, kitchen paper or a cloth) to keep it moist, maintain the bright colors and emphasize the grain of the wood.
• Wipe off the excess oil with a clean napkin or paper towel.
• Avoid exposing the honey spoon to high temperatures, sunlight or moisture for long periods of time.
Share your experiences with other customers!